Snapper has created a brand new payment category in New Zealand, based on small value payments using contactless smartcards. This is a first for New Zealand and draws on the best of local and international expertise.
New Zealand consumers and businesses have quickly adopted Snapper, and the business is growing fast.
Read on for more information about Snapper's business performance, media releases, and working at Snapper.
On this page:
Snapper media releases
There's always plenty happening at Snapper HQ. From customer milestones or six-monthly reports, you'll find the latest Snapper corporate news right here.
Latest Snapper media release
Earlier Snapper Media Releases
- 2008. July to be exact - the year that Snapper launched in Wellington
- 492,000 Snappers now in circulation
- 115,000,000 Snapper transactions processed to date (this was out of date before we even finished typing it!)
- 1050 buses with funky Snapper readers
- 455 retailers that accept Snapper for purchases, balance checks and more
- 21 happy, hardworking full-time Snapper employees
- 0 websites that we block from staff at Snapper HQ
- 3 arguments per week over whose turn it is to empty the Snapper HQ dishwasher
- 1 live gig in the Snapper HQ reception area so far
- 70% likelihood of baking being brought into the office in any given week
Who owns Snapper?
Snapper Services Limited was formed in 2006 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Infratil Limited. Snapper launched in the New Zealand market in July 2008.
Infratil is listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange, and is an infrastructure owner and operator specialising in long term sustainable ventures in renewable energy, airports and public transport in New Zealand and Australia.
Snapper is powered by a team of world-class people, committed to making Snapper a design-led and customer-led product. Find out about the people that make Snapper work every day.
Snapper Board of Directors
- Rhoda Phillippo
- Kerry Waddell
Snapper is a rapidly growing business and we are always looking for great people to join our team. This is no ordinary business - we are developing New Zealand's first and best open platform for everyday payments, making small change a thing of the past.
If you have what it takes to make every day easier then maybe we should talk.