Top up your Snapper anytime from your Mac or PC. Just purchase a Snapper Feeder, then download the MySnapper application to your computer. It’s the perfect solution if you are topping up a family of Snappers.
Once you’ve downloaded and opened MySnapper, follow the instructions on screen to top up your Snapper from the comfort of your desktop or laptop.
We’ve made sure that topping up with MySnapper is as safe as possible. However, if your top-up is interrupted for any reason after you make a payment, the system will realise and a pending reload will be generated for your Snapper. The pending reload will be applied to your card next time you top up successfully.
To complete the top-up using MySnapper, select the pending reload from the list on your screen and click “top up”. You can also collect a refund via a Snapper Service Centre.
If you need a little extra guidance about how to use MySnapper to top up your card or load a travel pass, check out the step-by-step instructions below.
How to top up using MySnapper
- Ensure you’re online and launch the MySnapper application.
- Put your Snapper Feeder in to your computer’s USB port.
- Insert the Snapper card you wish to top up into the clip on the Snapper Feeder.
- Select ‘Top Up’ from the menu in the left-hand side of the MySnapper window.
- Type the amount you’d like to top up your Snapper within the box that says “amount”. Please note there is a minimum top-up of $10 and it is not possible to have more than $300 on a Snapper at any time.
- Complete your credit card details.
- Hit the “Top up” button.
- The display will confirm the amount of the top-up and your new balance. The Snapper balance in the left-hand column of the MySnapper window will also be updated.
- To top up another USB or any other Snapper, simply remove the current device, slip in the new one, and do it all again.
- If you need a receipt, you can print one out directly after your successful top up.
How to purchase a travel pass with MySnapper
- Ensure you are online and launch the MySnapper application.
- With a Snapper USB in your computer’s USB port, or a Snapper Feeder with any type of Snapper, select Purchase a pass from the menu in the left-hand side of the MySnapper window.
- Select the type of pass you would like to purchase and select Buy now.
- Complete your credit card details.
- Please check the terms and conditions and tick the box to confirm that you have read them.
- Hit the “Buy now” button.
- The display will confirm the details of the travel pass that you have just purchased. The pass details in the left-hand column of the MySnapper window will also be updated.
- To purchase a travel pass for another USB or any other Snapper, remove the current device, slip in the new one, and do it all again.
- If you need a tax invoice, you can print one out directly after your successful top-up.
MySnapper works with most recent versions of Windows from XP onwards and all Intel Macs from OS X version 10.5 onwards*. If you have installed any software on Windows or Mac previously then you will be familiar with the installation process that MySnapper uses. Just click on the right button for your operating system above and go for it!
*If you are experiencing any issues on Mac OSX Sierra please see below.
How to install MySnapper on Mac OSX Sierra
- Make sure any previous versions of MySnapper are completely uninstalled
- Download a fresh copy of MySnapper from the MySnapper.dmg downloaded from the website (above)
- Attempt to run the application.
- If the application does not open, navigate to the Applications folder in Finder
- Right click the MySnapper application and select “Show Package Contents”
- Open the displayed “Contents” folder
- Open the displayed “MacOS” folder
- Run the “MySnapper” executable by double clicking on it
- This should run a small output in console and then open the MySnapper Application
- MySnapper should now successfully run from the Application folder from this point on