1. Register your Snapper card
2.Top up your Snapper card
Make sure that you top up before you board the bus. Find out fare information from the Metlink website so you know how much you need to top up.
There are many ways to top up your Snapper card – choose the one that suits you best.
- At your nearest self-service kiosk
- At your nearest retailer ($0.25 fee per top up transaction)
- If you’re an Android user, top up from your phone using our Snapper Mobile Android app
- Top up from your computer by purchasing a Snapper Feeder online (RRP $40.00 inc. GST) and downloading the MySnapper app.
3. Use your Snapper card on the bus
Make sure you top up before you board the bus. For fare information visit the Metlink website to make sure you have enough money on your Snapper card to get you where you need to go!
On the bus
You’ll need to tag your Snapper card to the reader when you get on the bus, and when you get off. It’s important to tag off, or you’ll be charged the cash fare to end of the line.
Tag your Snapper card to the reader at the front of the bus when you get on. Hold your Snapper card to the Snapper fish on the reader. You’ll hear a beep and see a green tick on the screen to let you know you’ve tagged on.
As you leave the bus, tag off at the back the same way you tagged on and you’ll automatically be charged the right amount. The reader will display the total fare and your current balance if it’s under $10.00.
The readers give you important messages about your Snapper card and journey.